Now a day everyone is aware of Chatbots. Everyone is talking about them and wants to incorporate them in their business for smooth functioning of the business.
Let me help you to understand what chatbots all about is.
What is chatbots?
Chatbots are small programs that help in developing interaction with the customer on the basis of predefined rules and criteria.
Chatbots have various advantages like:
- Their responses are consistent
- They can handle large number of customer at a time
- They can immediately give response to the client
- They can contain huge amount of database
- They can collect huge of data and classify them according to the ones need,
- They can be used in various forms such as SMS, live chat etc.
As we can see now a days customers are very particular about what they buy and they also wants after sales service to be very good.
To meet the changing demand we need to abolish out dated method and adopt the new technology to keep ourselves active in the race.
What holds in the future of Chatbots?
According to a Facebook survey, more than 50% of customers say they’re more likely to shop with a business that they can connect with via chat.
Additionally, according to an Oracle survey,
“80% of businesses said they currently use or are planning to use chatbots by 2020.”
As we can see customer wants their query or any information about particular they are looking should be available immediately like just one click and they get the information.
In this type of scenario automated system plays the vital role, as the company which is unable to fulfil this kind of request, they may lose the potential client forever.
In the 2018 Global State of Customer Service Report by Microsoft, we can see how customer service is important and how people change brands due to poor customer service.
When customers are asked about the problems they face by using traditional approach below have listed some of them:
- Difficulty in site navigation
- Response to the query takes time
- Poor quality of online forms
- Lack of personal touch
- Long waiting time
Same thing if businesses can slightly change the way of approaching according to the customer following benefits they can receive:
- Live interaction with the customer like chatting, will give personal touch and it will satisfy the customer
- Solving customer problems in no time
- Giving them detailed explanation of the query with proper listing of step by step solution
- Getting quick sms of any transaction done or request given
- Asking for a feedback sms with no additional charge
Chatbots and its Uses
By adopting advance AI capabilities chatbots can predict what customer needs and what are they looking on the basis of the past purchase history.
By adapting chat apps in their chatbots many social media channels which gives them the chance to get in touch with their customers.
Chatbots also helps in reduction of operational cost such as if a customer wants know about the procedure of placing an international order, it can provide the details immediately with just few clicks.
Chatbots can help in acquiring new customer more easily as they uses natural language processing and direct messages for conversations with clients.
Irrespective of user friendly manual customer still wants someone to guide them. In this case chatbots are very useful as they can communicate with unlimited number of customers at a time.
Types of Chatbots
There are two types of chatbots I.E. those built with messengers (like Whatsapp, Facebook, Telegram, Tiktok etc) and standalone application.
Below are the statistics from July 2019 showing the number of people using messengers. So if you decide to use the chatbots which are built with messengers it helps you to receive recognitions it deserves as already many people are there on that messenger.
For better understanding you can further classify chatbots into various different types:
- Button Based Bots:
It is basically used to guide the user with pre-defined set of procedure. This type resembles a text based IVR system. For example when we call our mobile operator and it gives options like for bill enquiry press 1, for activating international roaming press 2, to go back to previous venue press 8 etc.
These types of bot does not require any AI capabilities, just few days of work like say 1 or 2 days and it is created.
A button-based bot is perfect for onboarding, surveys, sales support and practically for any simple process automation task where the communication scenarios are clearly defined.
- Hybrid Bot:
It is also a button based bot which just one additional feature of asking question on natural language3
A hybrid bot is suitable for the following tasks:
- Like a button-based bot, it helps users to find answers to the most frequent/common questions.
- It registers the subjects not covered in the initial bot scenario: what issues concern users, and what words are used to describe them. It is a form of customer research, helping to understand, e.g. what questions should be included in the FAQ or depicted on the website, and what words should be used for that.
- If the company does not have a conversation history logs but wishes to create an AI bot in the future, then a Hybrid bot might be one of the acceptable ways to collect context data over time for a bot training. However, it would be better to create logs from scratch by recording an operator, talking with a visitor.
- AI Bot:
A company should consider implementing an AI bot when one or more conditions are met:
- If the company receives a few hundred or more queries per day.
- The company’s tech support or sales support staff exceeds 20 people.
- The company wishes to support more communication channels (messengers, web widgets etc.) without adding support staff.
- Most of the conversations are purposeful and structured.
An AI bot can automate complex simultaneous communication with multiple users, covering many loosely connected topics. For example, a telecom operator chatbot can consult on the tariffs and upgrade options, at the same time report on the current client’s usage stats. A retail sales support bot consults on various product categories, terms of purchase and delivery. A tech support bot conducts initial diagnostic and offers help.
There are peak periods in communications when many customers reach out to the company simultaneously and are very unhappy about the response delays.
When a large proportion of customers’ needs help and support outside working hours
An implementation of an AI bot brings material benefits, including:
- Cutting total cost of customer support
- Improvement of the quality, timeliness, speed of customer communications
- Improved motivation of support staff, that doesn’t have to deal with repetitive and mundane queries.
A corporate chatbot is not a single rigid solution, developed once, and staying unchanged. Like a corporate website or a mobile app — it is rather a journey than a destination. And like in a real journey — the success of the project largely depends on your partners, their competence, power of their technologies, and industry knowledge.